Designed for women in the second and third trimester of pregnancy and their birth support person (including partners, same-sex couples, mothers, doulas, friends).
Birth is a primal experience. When women are encouraged to connect to their natural instincts and develop a deep trust in those instincts, birth can be a positive experience for everyone present, most especially the child born.
Together we will explore the process of natural physiological birth and why this is an ideal scenario for most women and babies.
Topics covered include:
* How to create a stress-free, loving atmosphere for your baby to be born into
* Unpacking fears and inhibitions about birth
* Changing attitudes to pain and discomfort
* What is happening during birth and how to get out of the way
* Natural techniques for relaxation and pain management including breathing techniques, sound, movement and visualisation
* How to be a truly effective birth support person
* Deepening your connection so birth brings you closer together
Amanda Vella is one of Sydney’s leading prenatal yoga teachers. A pioneer in birth education in her community, Amanda has been teaching prenatal and postnatal yoga for ten years. She believes birth is an opportunity for healing, empowerment and spiritual growth. With a background in primary eduction, Amanda is a birth doula, home-birther and mothers five children aged between 5 and 17.
During this workshop she will be supported by her dear friend Vanessa Voigt who is also a prenatal yoga teacher, home-birther, doula and mother of three.
Together they will change the way you think about your body, birth and conscious parenting.
$180 per couple before Oct 12 / $195 thereafter
Book using the Illuminate Yoga app under Events.